When planning how to manage your commercial roofing system properly, you should be prepared for any questions your contractor may ask. This is crucial for them to better understand your needs and come up with a sound strategy that will last until the end of the roof’s lifespan.
Here are five of the questions your roofer may ask when planning a commercial roof management strategy.
1. What is your intention for the property? The most important question to ask yourself is your goal for your property. You must know whether you’re planning to keep the property for the next 20 years or not. It’s also important to take note of what you will do if a better option is available. Having an idea on your timeline for your property gives your contractor the chance to offer the best advice.
2. What’s your budget? Your budget will give your contractors an idea on the limits of the suggestions they can give. This will help them identify if you’re ready to invest in a better roof or not. There is no need to be shy when talking about your budget as well. This is the perfect opportunity for your contractor to determine the best options that best fit your financial situation.
3. What’s your attitude towards your roof? Some property owners tend to be reactive when it comes to their roof. In other words, they only fix it when there’s something wrong with it. On the other hand, there are also those who believe that prevention is better than cure. Both are acceptable and will help give your roofing contractor an idea of the best strategy that fits your ideals.
4. What’s the history of your current roofing system? You must have a complete idea of the details of your current roofing system. Make sure to have the following information in advance:
- Date the roof was installed
- Material manufacturer and warranty information
- Design documents
- Maintenance records
- Problems that have occurred over the years
5. What renovations, additions and other changes are you planning for your property? If you plan on modifying the property, it’s best to let your roofing contractor know. Additions or changes to the roof and drainage can make an impact on your roofing system. The best move would be to postpone roof work until your construction work is done.
Your roofing contractor will be in charge of making your goal for your roof come true. With proper collaboration, your roof management strategy will work smoothly. Christian Brothers Roofing is here for your commercial roof repair, replacement and maintenance needs. Call us now at (270) 715-1999, or fill out our contact form for an estimate.